This month we have several competitions. Submit your entries via the upload form by 11:59pm Tuesday, November 19 (it's ok to bring video entries to the meeting on a memory stick). 1. Dave Nesheim Memorial Shootout - Stills and Video
- All images and video must be taken in local waters during the month of October 2013.
- Still photographers may enter up to three (3) images
- Videographers may enter one (1) edited video.
- Total length cannot exceed 40 seconds
- Music and an opening title are allowed
- Voiceover, additional titles and video effects are NOT allowed
2. 2014 LAUPS print calendar (stills only)
- Submit up to 2 images
- Winners will accrue minicomp points
- Submissions will be used for the 2014 LAUPS wall calendar, which will be available for purchase in December.
- Everyone who submits an image will have one in the calendar somehwere! We may request higher-resolution versions for printing purposes after the competition.
3. 5-Minute Edited Video The companion to our July 3-minute Edited Video competition - this time with a more generous time limit!
October 2013 Minicomp Winners
View all winners in our gallery: October 2013: "Sand Creatures". Stills: 1st Place Open - Tony Frank 2nd Place Open - Kevin Lee 1st Place Novice - Merry Passage 2nd Place Novice - Walter Bassi 3rd Place Novice - Phil Garner Video: 1st Place Open - Anastasia Laity 2nd Place Open - Walter Marti 1st Place Novice - Dana Rodda 2nd Place Novice - Vickie Elson 3rd Place Novice - Vickie Elson Congratulations!
1st Place Open: Tony Frank