October 21 Meeting
Please join us on 7:30pm Wednesday, October 21, at the Natural History Museum in the 2nd floor classroom.
Karim has been fortunate to travel the world an join several expeditions documenting ship wrecks and ghost net clean-ups. His love for the ocean is only surpassed by the love for his wife who is his primary team mate on conservation initiatives in our oceans. His goal is to promote awareness for the issue of ghost fishing, and to present solutions.
Please see new submission instructions.
Video entries may also be brought on thumb drive to the meeting, or you can arrange with the webmaster to send them via email, Dropbox, WeTransfer, or other method.
September 2015 Announcements
Reminder: there is NO MEETING IN SEPTEMBER.
However, it is the month of the Dave Nesheim Memorial Shootout! We encourage everyone to go diving locally in September and enter your photos and videos in the shootout competition, which will be voted on at our October meeting.
Shootout Entry Guidelines:
- All images and video must be taken in local waters during the month of September 2015.
- You can dive on your own, from the beach, on a boat, pretty much however/whenever you like as long as it's Southern California in September 2015
- Still photographers may enter up to three (3) images
- Videographers may enter one (1) edited video.
- Total length cannot exceed 40 seconds
- Music and an opening title are allowed
- Voiceover, additional titles and video effects are NOT allowed
- If there are enough entrants we will have separate novice/open categories; otherwise they may be combined
- Submission instructions are here